Monday, April 1, 2013

California Science Museum


On Thursday, the split classes at our school split! In other words, the 2/3 split and the 4/5 split classes embarked on a field trip together to the California Science Center! What an incredible day of learning!

Because the second and third graders are studying animals and their habitats, we spent a good deal of time at the Ecosystems Exhibit.

Enjoy some photos from the plethora (pleth • ə • rə) of exhibits. A plethora is a fancy word for a large amount.

California Science Center on PhotoPeach



The Giant Kelp Forest Exhibit was spectacular! Watch and learn!




One of the highlights of the trip was viewing the Endeavour Space Shuttle!


Photo by Mrs. Yollis




 It is a triumph of scientific achievement! Here is a link to some amazing facts about the Endeavour. Mrs. Ranney's student, Alex, wrote a post about it too:  The Enormous, Enthralling Endeavour. 

What was your favorite zone?

Share one or two facts you learn while visiting the California Science Center!







5 comments:

  1. Dear Mrs. Yollis,

    My favorite zone was the Endeavour zone. I thought that it was a delight to go to the science center. It was great to see everybody smiling. I also saw my sister when we were going to the Endeavour! Did you have fun at the science center? I had fun for sure.

    Sincerely,
    Parsa

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ Mrs. Yollis,

    I liked the field trip to the California Science Center because it was fun and educational. My favorite zone was the islands zone. I think that all the zones were fun excepet for the Rot Room.

    What was your favorite room? And why?

    Sincerely
    Daniel

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Mrs. Yollis,
    We are making a blog too and we visited your site to get some ideas. We watched your video about the kelp forest. It was very interesting! We liked the music and the perspective. It was cool to learn that the Garabaldi fish is the state fish of California. The state fish of New Jersey is the Rainbow Trout. Thanks for sharing your site with us.

    Sincerely,
    Mrs. Mulhall's Class from Maurice Hawk, New Jersey

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Mrs. Yollis,

    I really liked your video about the California Science Center. My favorite thing from your video is the starfish exhibit. I like to touch them and pick them up. Have you ever touched a starfish or picked one up? On Friday when it was my brothers and my birthday, we went whale watching, and saw a huge red starfish near the dock.

    From,
    Hannah

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Mrs. Yollis

    I enjoyed visiting the Science Center. On the bus I saw many buildings. For example, Staple Center, Capitol Records, and the Hollywood sign.

    My favorite zone is the Endeavour zone. I saw that it would take a long time to put the Endeavour together because the tiles were small.

    I learned many things at the Science Center. Here are two of them. It would take a while to build a dam. I felt very sad for beavers then. Birds worked very hard for their food. It took me a while for me too catch food. The next day I had a sore arm.

    Do you think it would take a while to catch food?

    Sincerely,

    Sean

    ReplyDelete

* * *
Getting feedback is important to our writers. Let us know what you liked or what you learned.

Steps to Comment:

1. Write your comment in the box below. Be sure that you have proofread it for spelling, grammar, punctuation, and capitalization. Students should have a parent check it!

2. Choose an identity. (If you have a gmail account, use it. If not, choose name/url. You can leave the url blank if you do not have a blog.)

3. Click "Publish your Comment". You may preview your comment before publishing if you'd like.


Important: All comments MUST be approved by me.
:-) Mrs. Yollis